Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Well-dressed Christian

I would love to hear some feedback , pro or con, about how you are finding this month's discipline of memorization and meditation. This week's verse has to do with the way we relate to one another. As anyone who has been married quickly finds out, love means always having to say you're sorry. And forgiving over and over again. Of course not just your spouse but anyone who offends us or whom we offend. This is a major way that we can imitate Jesus.

Colossians 3:12 (TNIV)
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

1 comment:

  1. I am finding it difficult to memorize. For example, this is one of my favoritie verses, and I used to have it memorized, but just now, I can't think of how all the words go, in what order. I agree that forgiving is necessary, but unforgiveness can be so deceiving. It can be sort of a silent killer. I don't always realize that I am holding onto unforgiveness, especially the deep rooted kind.

    ReplyDelete