Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things Above

This week's verse is Colossians 3:1-4 (TNIV). "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

There are similarities in these verses with last week's--contrasting earthly things and "things above"/"transformed" thinking. What exactly are those "things above" that we are advised to focus on? What does it mean that our lives are hidden with Christ?

1 comment:

  1. After last week's message, and also reading a section of Fenelon, I am just asking God what those things are that I haven't given Him. What areas in my life am I holding back. I feel like this has to do with being transformed. Presenting my body. I've been in a quandry, even a quagmire, but it didn't really occur to me to ask God. Obviously I have large sections of my heart and brain not laid on the altar. I'm still waiting for an answer, but I feel closer to God having asked, and trusting that He will answer.

    ReplyDelete